Monday, March 14, 2016

My Mom always used to say, "Oh my - I just don't know where the time's gone!".  Well, that's kinda what I'm feeling right now.  I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that my last post was almost a week ago.  So in terms of an update, I'm doing quite well.  Today I am mostly pain free and that feels great!  My heart has taken my relaxed state in stride and has struck a similar position in life, slowing down to about 32 bpm on Saturday night.  I self-diagnosed something weird going on and was driven to the ER to seek confirmation.  Indeed, something weird was going on.  We were there from 10pm until about 430 in the morning.  The docs think the arrhythmia was most likely caused by dehydration.  (I'm not a great sipper of water. Learned my lesson there.  Again!)  Feeling fine today and have finally admitted to myself this recovery is going to be longer than it felt it was going to be.  Listen to your body, Bone!

A shout out to all of you for lurking and writing.  A few have mentioned appreciating the arrangement of the 23rd Psalm I attached, arranged by Booby McF.  Here's another old favorite in a different wrapper:  Barber's Adagio by the Charlie Hayden Jazz Group.


10 comments:

  1. Yo Charlie, so glad your making steady progress. Loved the Adagio post, I never tire of it! Be well!
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be listening to "Water Music". Drink, Drink, Drink! The Adagio is lovely. Drink, Drink, Drink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mostly pain free is great news, Charlie! So glad you are on the mend!!
    Barb & Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to kick this thing's butt Charlie! So glad you are feeling better/ Sending warm rays of sunshine to you from Cali. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. High fives to mostly pain free Charlie! Loved the Adagio..would be wonderful to paint to.
    Drink up.
    - Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlie,
    Guess what, taking two steps forward and one step back is part of the recovery process. We can't help it if you're used to typically moving forward by leaps and bounds. Welcome to the real world! We love the fact that you're doing so well.
    Love, Ebeth and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, it's time to post another message! I hope all is well with you and all your caregivers. Take good care of yourself! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lurk, lurk, lurk....

    Sending light and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you listened to your body and went to get some help right away. Keep healing!

    ReplyDelete