Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Hello Everyone,

Today is the four week marker since the surgery.  Last week I had a follow-up MRI and a conversation with the neurosurgeon as well as a let’s-get-ready for radiation visit with the radiology folks.  I have to say (knock on wood) things are progressing well.  

The MRI showed very little tumor tissue left after the operation.  Dr. Penar actually seemed pleased with the outcome!  We knew there would be remnants left over because of the caution he wanted to exercise as he worked in narrow quarters to protect vital structures.  I will be starting radiation on April 4 and that will continue for thirty sessions.  As I may have mentioned before, the hospital is a fifteen minute walk from our front door.  I am so glad not to be driving 1-2 hours for each of these sessions!  

Currently, I’m still experiencing some tiredness but much less so than last week.  Ann and I were able to attend Easter services on Sunday with Kyla and Cianya and Joekai!  I am virtually pain free though my right eyelid is a bit droopy and that hampers the vision from that eye a bit.  But hey, I’m not complaining.  I’m in quite a good place and my zipper has healed sufficiently so children don’t go running and screaming when they approach me on the street.


Thank you for the ever-present light you have beamed my way.  I think as I head into radiation, I won’t be updating Rathbones2016 as much as I have.  I’ve tried to be a bit balanced about letting you know how things are going and so appreciate your sticking with me.  I will let you know how things are going during radiation and when I write my last update, I'll note that as well.

BTW, this strange bird appeared at our bird feeder late last week.  Curious if anyone might be able to identify it???


All the best,
and Thank You!

Charlie and Ann

5 comments:

  1. You look great and sound even better! Hugs and love for the next steps on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie and Ann- I saw Cianya's smiling face from afar yesterday. It reminded me of the two of you. So optimistic and happy. Thanks for all you do for everyone. Glad to hear that you continue to move forward. Sending good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great report. All the best for you during radiation. As for your bird visitor, it is Bernius sandersii Common name White Crested ductor.
    A great sighting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Charlie:

    Great news that you and all are coming along so well. Many Easter blessings and glad you all got to enjoy it together. All the best through the radiation and I am glad that you can get there with just a short walk. A good way to go in the nicer weather. Still holding you all close in prayer.

    Peace, Earl Kooperkamp

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way, Charlie!
    Loveya,
    Barb & Dean

    ReplyDelete