Monday, April 4, 2016

Nina Simone - I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free (with lyrics) - HD



Since bobby mcferrin got such rave reviews, I thought I might share this.  I get chills every time I hear her sing this Billy Tailor classic especially on a day like this.  If you can stop what you are doing and really listen, you will too.

And I promise I won't use this blog as an "Oh Gee, I guess I'll share this now" kind of place. But on the first day of radiation, this is a sharing I really wanted to do.

Thanks... .
C.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this gift of music. It really is about as good as it gets. I am thinking of you and hoping that all goes well during radiation #1. I will give the Williston Town Band a brief update of your progress tonight. I know they are all anxious to hear of your success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Nina... her voice is like clear liquid crystal. This song is a strong blast from the past. Thank you. And your "shares" are so great Charlie - please, don't hesitate! The link to the Liberation Music Orchestra's rendition of Barbers Adagio lead me into an earful of explores. I've always loved Haden's luscious bass playing... and I associate Barber's piece with strings... but with all those resonant brass beauties it seeps right into your bones. You really know how to pick 'em. So thanks for sharing. xoxMax

    ReplyDelete